Re: [OOPS/HACK] atmel_cs and the latest changes in sysfs/symlink.c

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 10:30:46 EST

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 01:42:45AM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> The latest change in sysfs/symlink (conversion to use kobject_name instead
> of name fiedld directly) broke atmel_cs driver:

That's because that driver is broken in the first place. Let me repeat:
NEVER DECLARE A STRUCT DEVICE STATICALLY!!!

Your workaround is just that, a workaround for something that is already
broken, please fix it up correctly, and do not paper over the real root
problem...

The fact that it hasn't oopsed before this symlink fix is only a lucky
accident.

thanks,

greg k-h