Re: System hang with ATI's lousy driver

From: Timothy Miller
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 17:35:42 EST

Timothy Miller wrote:

I'm getting really sick of not being able to get new graphics cards to just work properly under Linux.

I got an unexpected response to this from someone. They thought I was complaining about Linux. On the contrary. I was complaining about how hardware vendors suck because they have lousy support for Linux.

Some day, when Windows is a minor player, we'll have vindication, and vendors will have to provide open source drivers just to get business. :)