libata and the 2.4 kernel

From: ann_pearlstein
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 07:25:17 EST

Hello,

Does anyone know when (or even if) the libata patch will be native to the 2.4 kernel (e.g., no patch needed)?

If there are plans to add it to the 2.4 kernel, when (approximately :-) ) will it be a part of this kernel?

I know it's supported natively in the 2.6 kernel.

The libata patch (2.4.25 kernel and 2.4.25 libata patch) works well for the serial ATA drive I use (in a Dell PowerEdge 750), but I'd like to have a non-patched kernel for this particular project.

Thank you in advance for any and all info.

Cheers,

Ann

Ann Pearlstein
ann_pearlstein@xxxxxxxxxxxx