standart events for hotkeys?

From: Michal Semler (volny.cz)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 17:44:11 EST

Hi guys,

I have a question related to keyboard and hotkeys.

Does any standart exist for hotkeys and their returned events?
I have 2 keyboards with hotkeys, one on laptop (acerhk operated) and one
wireless (BlueZ bthid operated) and both returns different codes in xev when
same keys are pressed

mail
browser
etc.

Maybe these should be standardised in all drivers? Can we start same kind of
list, where will be all events stored and then translated by all drivers the
same?

Now users can't use one hotkeys configuration on different keyboards so these
could be renamed to hellkeys :)

Your opinions?

Michal