Re: elevator=as related to my performance issues

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 07:22:29 EST

Antti Lankila wrote:
I'm sorry that I can't post this mail in reply to the thread, this is
because I'm not subscribed, so I can't reply.

[snip]

So it doesn't seem like you are losing interrupts. And
it doesn't appear to be confined to the anticpatory
scheduler - definitely nothing fundamental because setting
antic_expire = 0 still gives you problems.

The only other problems I can think of that you might be
having are chipset problems, or CPU scheduler problems.
Which reminds me, do you have your X server at nice 0?
If not, try:
renice 0 `pidof X`

and let us know how you go.