Sensors (W83627HF) in Tyan S2882

From: Jan Kasprzak
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 07:02:28 EST

Hello, world!\n

I have two systems with Tyan S2882 boards (K8S Pro). The sensors chip
is Winbond w83627hf according to the mainboard documentation. The w83627hf
driver can read values from the sensors, but apparently not all values.
The board has six fan connectors (two labeled CPU1 fan and CPU2 fan,
and four chassis fans). BIOS displays the fan status correctly for all fans,
so all fans are connected to the sensors chip. However, there are only three
fans listed in /sys/devices/platform/i2c-1/1-0290.

Is it possible to read status of other three fans from Linux?

Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839 Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |