Re: /dev/psaux-Interface

From: Kim Holviala
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 04:54:31 EST

On Monday 19 April 2004 11:52, you wrote:

> > I've seen lots of discussions about different mouse behaviour (or
> > completely non-functioning mouse). If you have one of those problems,
> > this driver should restore the kernel 2.4.x behaviour.
>
> I'd imagine that the input developers would regard that as a step in the
> wrong direction.

Not that I'm the Offical Input Developer(tm) but I'm currently doing
modifications to the PS/2 mouse support which will hopefully restore full
functionality for most mice. I'm still coding it and I estimate a day or two
until I get it working tested patch which I will then send here.

Once question though: I'm currently coding against 2.6.5 - should I do the
patch against something else?

> Have you sent a report regarding the touchscreen problem? Is it a
> straightforward bug, or has real functionality been lost?

This wasn't directed to me, but right now I'm focusing on normal mice. I need
to steal the laptop away from wife to test a Synaptic touchpad....

Kim