Re: vmscan.c heuristic adjustment for smaller systems

From: Marc Singer
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 19:41:18 EST

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 08:26:13PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Marc Singer wrote:
>
> > I thought I sent a message about this. I've found that the problem
> > *only* occurs when there is exactly one process running.
>
> BINGO! ;)
>
> Looks like this could be the referenced bits not being
> flushed from the MMU and not found by the VM...

Can you be a little more verbose for me? The ARM MMU doesn't keep
track of page references, AFAICT. How does a context switch change
this?

I have looked into the case where the TLB for an old page isn't being
flushed (by design), but I've been unable to fix the problem by
forcing a TLB flush whenever a PTE is zeroed.