Re: NFS and kernel 2.6.x

From: Daniel Egger
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 06:17:57 EST

On 17.04.2004, at 22:22, Marc Singer wrote:

What I'd like to do is use a command line like this

root=/dev/nfs ip=rarp nfsroot=,tcp,v3

But, it doesn't work. I'd like to let the kernel autoconfiguration
handle the addressing.

According to Documentation/nfsroot.txt you should be able
to do:

root=/dev/nfs ip=rarp nfsroot=/kernel,tcp,v3

i.e. the ip is optional. Just out of curiosity: How would you
supply the kernel name using rarp/bootp/dhcp? Since a few days
I'm using pxelinux but before that I needed to hardcode the
path into the tagged image. Actually I prefer this to restarting
the restarting the dhcp server, but...

Servus,
Daniel