Re: NFS and kernel 2.6.x

From: Daniel Egger
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 17:58:23 EST

On 16.04.2004, at 18:13, Trond Myklebust wrote:

Then "some of you" can send in a proper bugreport in the usual format if
and when that problem actually occurs.

So far I have NOTHING to tell me there is a problem here. Just a load of
people going ballistic over hot air....

Great you want to help here. So I've a system which is NFS root using a
3c940 gigabit onboard NIC on kernel 2.6.5 and which is dead fish in the
water somewhere in between 10 seconds and 5 minutes after boot using
NFS over UDP. The last thing I see are 3 or 4 messages of the type:

server 192.168.11.2 not responding, still trying

NFS seems to work better with 2.6.4 which unfortuntely has other nasty
bugs for me; currently I'm running 2.4.26 which works fine, over both
UDP and TCP.

Preempt is off as are the NFS features which I do not trust yet (v4 and
direct IO). Attached is the config for your viewing pleasure.

Please tell me how I can help here and I'll certainly do it.

Servus,
Daniel