Re: radeonfb broken

From: Timothy Miller
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 11:07:21 EST

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
What annoys me most about the Radeon driver is the off-by-one error in the bmove routine. Whenever text is copied to the right or down, it gets positioned incorrectly. I posted the fix, but no one paid attention.

Mayb it was just "missed" in the flow of hundreds of mails that go
through this list. Can you re-sent it to me, and also precise which
kernel version it applies to ?

Ben.

BTW, now that we're on the topic of Radeon, could someone tell me how to tell the kernel the default resolution to use when initializing the console?

When using a CRT, it defaults to 640x480. When I use my Planar PQ191 19" 1280x1024 monitor, it defaults to 1024x768. I want it to default to 1280x1024. There's a tool, fbset or something like that, which I can use AFTER bootup, but trying to put that into init causes all sorts of conflicts. I need to be able to tell the kernel, either at compile time or on the boot command line.

Moving off topic, my cries for help from the XFree86 people also seem to have gotten lost in the flow of hundreds of usenet messages. Try as I might, I cannot seem to get XFree86 to talk to my monitor at anything other than 60Hz. Even though LCD monitors have a persistent image, increasing the frame rate CAN reduce motion blur slightly.

Thanks.