/dev/parport0 99,0 raw parport access

From: Karel Kulhavy
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 08:21:04 EST

Hello

How do I cause linux to show 99,0 device (/dev/parport0, having devfs)?

I tried to display help for
make menuconfig -> Device Drivers -> Character devices -> Parallel
printer support
and
make menuconfig -> Device Drivers -> Character devices -> Support for
user-space parallel port device drivers

and the < Help > is not working.

I have enabled my parport in BIOS, enabled
make menuconfig -> Device Drivers -> Parallel port support -> Parallel
port support
and
make menuconfig -> Device Drivers -> Parallel port support -> PC-style
hardware
and my dmesg says:
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP(,...)]

However no /dev/parport0 is present.

I also consulted /usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt which says
99 char Raw parallel ports
0 = /dev/parport0 First parallel port
1 = /dev/parport1 Second parallel port
However this says nothing about what line should be ticked up in make
menuconfig to make these "raw parallel ports" work.

Cl<