Re: NFS and kernel 2.6.x

From: Phil Oester
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 00:01:00 EST

Actually I can concur -- I recently migrated 100+ servers from 2.4.x
to 2.6.3, and simply could not use UDP mounts and achieve acceptable
performance. Further, I wasn't using 32K r/w as you posit, but was
using 8K (against a NetApp FWIW).

If simply upgrading from 2.4.x to 2.6.x is going to make UDP mounts unusable,
perhaps this should be documented -- or the option should be deprecated.

Phil Oester