Re: NUMA API for Linux

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 17:19:40 EST

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 14:51:30 -0700
Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Matthew Dobson <colpatch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Just from the patches you posted, I would really disagree that these are
> > ready for merging into -mm.
>
> I have them all merged up here. I made a number of small changes -
> additional CONFIG_NUMA ifdefs, whitespace improvements, remove unneeded
> arch_hugetlb_fault() implementation. The core patch created two copies of
> the same file in mempolicy.h, compile fix in mmap.c and a few other things.

Sorry about the bad patches. I will try to be more careful in the future.

What was the problem in mmap.c ? I compiled in various combinations (with
and without NUMA on i386 and x86-64) and it worked.

And why was arch_hugetlb_fault() unneeded?

> It builds OK for NUMAQ, although NUMAQ does have a problem:
>
> drivers/built-in.o: In function `acpi_pci_root_add':
> drivers/built-in.o(.text+0x22015): undefined reference to `pci_acpi_scan_root'
>
> ppc64+CONFIG_NUMA compiles OK.

ppc64 doesn't have the system calls hooked up, but I'm not sure how useful
it would be for these boxes anyways (afaik they are pretty uniform)

-Andi