Re: amd64 questions

From: Paul Wagland
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 10:45:50 EST

On Apr 7, 2004, at 13:29, Andi Kleen wrote:

A few programs (namely iptables and ipsec tools) need to be used
as 64bit programs because the 32bit emulation doesn't work for them.
ipchains works though.

I seem to recall reading that the DM based programs also need to be 64 bit, since their 32 bit stuff was also broken?

The question I have is whether or not this is a kernel bug that should be fixed? As I understand the DM case, fixing it so that 32bit works, then breaks the 64bit interfaces, requiring re-compiles of the DM programs.

Cheers,
Paul