Re: Rewrite Kernel

From: John Bradford
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 08:10:04 EST

Quote from "Mohamed Aslan" <mkernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> i wanna to rewrite a version of linux kernel from scratch in assembly for intel 386+ fo speed and a libc also in assembly for speed
> what do u think guys

Don't bother. Spending the time doing something else would almost certainly
be more productive overall.

IFF you are skilled enough to seriously contemplate doing it, why not start
thinking about a completely new operating system design instead? There is a
lot which I don't think will ever be done with GNU/Linux - why not plan for
the day we throw it all away and start again?

John.