libusb scanner hangs with 2.6.x-mm kernels

From: Joerg Sommrey
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 14:48:27 EST

Hello,

since 2.6.3-mm4 most of the mm-kernels cause a complete hang of libusb
applications accessing my Epson perfection 1260 scanner. Disabling
hotplug (i.e. replacing /sbin/hotplug with /bin/true) solved the
problem on some kernels, on others this made my usb mouse unusable.
Plain vanilla kernels and rc-series work fine. There has been some
discussion on this topic on the usb-developer's list. I'm not sure if
this problem is already addressed on the kernel mailing list.

This problem prevents me from using mm-kernels.

-jo

--
-rw-r--r-- 1 jo users 80 2004-04-06 18:59 /home/jo/.signature