Re: Workaround for ReiserFS on root-filesystem

From: Thomas Bach
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 10:19:14 EST

Daniel Andersen wrote:
I use ReiserFS for my root-filesystem while trying to upgrade to a newer
kernel-version (still using 2.4.20) I got a error, that / could not be
remounted read/write. After googling a bit I stumbled over the fact that
ReiserFS as root-filesystem doesn't work since version 2.4.22 (or
something like this).

Hmm.. It works perfectly fine for me with all 2.4.20-25 kernels, so you
should not trust everything you find on google ;-)

I tried all kinds of versions (2.4.22, 2.4.25, 2.6.2 and as allready mentioned 2.6.5) non of them worked even after playing testing with all kinds of options...

How big is your root partition? Which version of ReiserFS are you using?

The root partition is about 950Mb big (776 used...) and I am using
reiserfsprogs-3.6.11

Thomas Bach