Workaround for ReiserFS on root-filesystem

From: Thomas Bach
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 08:16:16 EST

Hi Folks!

I use ReiserFS for my root-filesystem while trying to upgrade to a newer kernel-version (still using 2.4.20) I got a error, that / could not be remounted read/write. After googling a bit I stumbled over the fact that ReiserFS as root-filesystem doesn't work since version 2.4.22 (or something like this).

So I asked myself if there exists any workaround/howto/something-else so I could get away from making my root-fs to an ext3 one. Does anyone know something about it?

Thanks,
Thomas Bach