Re: kernel BUG at page_alloc.c:98 -- compiling with distcc

From: Max Valdez
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 12:05:18 EST

I Sent an email a couple os weeks ago about the same issue.

But it wasnt so documented and organized.

I can say that the card and hardware are inocents, maybe the driver, the
"remote" machines that hang are using the latest fedore stable kernel.

I would need really good pointing to the procedure to debug the problem, I'm
not expert in anything about kernel.

I think it's a problem in the network handling because it happens on different
kernels, in different hardware. And it happens from a couple of months ago
(we got a new faster network "arquitecture") and the problems seems to be
triggered by fast transport of file over NTF, and distcc. I remember having a
crash using scp too for some iso files.

If needed I can help track this problem, but I need some hints on the
procedure

Max

--
Linux garaged 2.6.5-rc2-mm3 #1 Fri Mar 26 11:07:16 CST 2004 i686 Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux