Re: kernel BUG at page_alloc.c:98 -- compiling with distcc

From: Marco Fais
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 05:48:46 EST

Andrew Morton ha scritto:

kernel BUG at page_alloc.c:98!
uh-oh.

That was the same thing that I've said when I saw all the leds blinking in *all* the keyboards ... :)

distcc uses sendfile(). The 8139too hardware and driver are
zerocopy-capable so the kernel uses zerocopy direct-from-user-pages for
sendfile().

Ok. Other servers with e100 driver doesn't show the problem. This means that they're not "zerocopy-capable"?

This was all discussed fairly extensively a couple of years back and I
thought it ended up being fixed.

There are any workarounds for this, until the problem is corrected?

Thank you very much.