Re: 2.4.25 XFS can't create files

From: Nathan Scott
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 02:08:33 EST

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 10:14:54AM +0200, Carsten Gaebler wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have somewhat of an esoteric problem. I can create an XFS on an
> external fibre channel RAID attached to an LSI fibre channel card
> (Fusion MPT driver) but I can't create files or directories on that
> filesystem (Permission denied). ext2/ext3 work fine on the same
> partition, so I suspect this is an XFS+MPT issue.

Thats very odd - the SGI CVS 2.4 kernel (that you reported
working) is also at 2.4.25, and there's nothing in the XFS
fixes/updates there that might be the cause of this, AFAICT.
ACLs are not in Marcelo's tree, but that is unlikely to be
the cause here (both cases are well tested). The only other
thing I can suggest is a liberal sprinkling of printks on
the sys_open path, till you find the spot thats returning
this error..

cheers.

--
Nathan