2.6.5-aa3

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 23:50:04 EST

this got high prio to release due the prio-tree fixes from Rajesh, not
that I ever triggered those bugs but they could hurt in theory. I feel
things will settle down on the VM side from now on (at least in the
objrmap/prio-tree/anon-vma area ;).

I tried giving a spin to the 2.6.5-mc1.bz2 patch from Andrew but it
apparently rejects heavily against 2.6.5.

http://www.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/kernels/v2.6/2.6.5-aa3.gz
http://www.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/kernels/v2.6/2.6.5-aa3/

Changelog diff between 2.6.5-aa2 and 2.6.5-aa3:

Files 2.6.5-aa2/extraversion and 2.6.5-aa3/extraversion differ

Rediffed.

Only in 2.6.5-aa3: kthread-stop-smp-race

Fix smp race.

Files 2.6.5-aa2/prio-tree.gz and 2.6.5-aa3/prio-tree.gz differ

Merge Rajesh Venkatasubramanian's prio-tree internal data structure
updates to fix some bug in very rare corner case. He posted the
userspace simulator for the data structure too.

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~vrajesh/linux/prio_tree/user_space/