Re: List created to discuss device naming

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 20:43:43 EST

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
This note is to announce creation of a single-topic
mailing list on common device naming.

As LSB project lead, I've been asked about specifying
Linux device naming in the LSB. We're not set up to do
that; the LSB can only specify what is already "best
practice".

A number of people think that getting this right in
the new world of userspace device naming (e.g. udev)
is important enough that they'd like to get together
and try to achieve common ground between those
shipping distributions with the 2.6 kernel.

Please keep linux-kernel posted on developments and key decisions... There are certainly people who are interested, but do not have time to subscribe to 1001 topic-specific lists... :)

Jeff