Re: 2.6.5-rc3-mm4

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 18:37:21 EST

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 20:15, Paul Blazejowski wrote:
> Under kernel 2.6.5-rc3-mm4 i get a nice oops when trying to see the
> contents of NFS export from BSD box.The NFS share gets mounted and shows:
>
> blazebox:/usr/home/paul on /mnt/nfs type nfs (rw,addr=192.168.0.1)
>
> but any attempt to browse using ls or nautilus etc... gets seg faulted.
>
> dmesg:
>
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000002
> printing eip:
> 43bdb08f
> *pde = 00000000
> Oops: 0000 [#1]
> PREEMPT
> CPU: 0
> EIP: 0060:[<43bdb08f>] Tainted: P VLI
> EFLAGS: 00010206 (2.6.5-rc3-mm4)
> EIP is at nfs3_decode_dirent+0xf/0x250 [nfs]

If it hadn't been for Andrew sending me a copy this mail would have gone
straight to /dev/null. Please ensure that you label NFS-related mails
with a clear "NFS" in the subject header if you want me to notice them.
Nobody has enough free time on their hands to spend reading all 1000
LKML emails each day.

Mind sending me a binary tcpdump of that readdir? Please use something
like
tcpdump -s 9000 -w dump.out port 2049 and host insert_name_of_server

Cheers,
Trond