Re: SCSI generic support: Badness in kobject_get

From: Stefan Wanner
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 15:16:17 EST

Actualy the same applies to me, when using 2.6.4. And I also get many of those warnings when compiling kernel modules (like Jay Maynard wrote):

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:4: Warning: setting incorrect section type for .got
{standard input}:4: Warning: setting incorrect section attributes for .got

So I tried 2.6.5-rc2 with the corrected version of "arch/alpha/kernel/alpha_ksyms.c" from rc3. The assembler messages are still here... the kernel compiles.... and the message "Badness in kobect_get" is gone when loading the sg module.

But what about those assembler messages??

Regards,
Stefan