Re: 2.4.20 and 2.4.21, Firewire, 160 GB Harddisk, 134 GB barrier

From: Hans-Georg Esser
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 15:00:53 EST

Brian Jackson wrote:
My drive (Western Digital WD1600BB-32DWA0) works well when directly
connected to the IDE controller, but doesn't like using an external
firewire connection ("Pyro 1394 Drive Kit" of Adstech.com). The firewire
[...]
The more likely scenario is that the bridge chip in said box doesn't support the larger drive and is the limiting factor.

--Brian Jackson

Ouch, yes. I tried it with an Apple Mac (with OS X), same problem. Sorry,
I completely didn't suspect the hardware to cause the problem, the firewire
drive kit is only four months old...

Thanks,

Hans-Georg

--
Hans-Georg Eßer - http://privat.hgesser.com - Tel. 089 99248380
GPG Fingerprint: F319 10C0 76E2 DAAD DDFA F017 4CAD BB99 A4A9 9E53