Re: disable-cap-mlock

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 18:45:06 EST

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 12:39:23PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> I thought this is what setpcap in init is for?

Yes, that would be a better answer to this issue. I was largely looking
to produce an alternative implementation of the same thing with less
core impact. It looks like it may have been too powerful for its own
good, which is okay, since I didn't really like the sysctl idea anyway
(though apparently the thing looks attractive to other people for other
uses, which I don't really know much about, and am not really pursuing).

There's a push to fix up the capability issues ongoing that I'm getting
involved in instead.

-- wli