mm-kernels, 4K stacks, and NVIDIA... am I crazy?

From: Michael Baehr
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 07:55:13 EST

I've been seeing posts on LKML, various forums, information sites, etc. stating that the 4K stacks patch included with the latest mm series kernels is incompatible with Nvidia's binary drivers. Even my own friends have told me they were unable to get Nvidia drivers to work with mm kernels.

However, I've been using pretty much every mm release for the last two weeks (currently on 2.6.5-rc3-mm3) with the latest Nvidia driver (5336) and, as far as I can tell, 4K stacks enabled:

06:55:05 <+delysid|~> grep 4K /usr/src/linux/.config
CONFIG_4KSTACKS=y
06:55:08 <+delysid|~>

And I have yet to have a single problem. In fact, everything is working swimmingly!

So the question is... am I crazy? Is everyone else crazy? Am I lucky? What is going on?

-- Michael Baehr