Re: 2.4.25 XFS can't create files

From: Chris Wedgwood
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 04:33:50 EST

(cc-'d to the linux-xfs list)

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 10:14:54AM +0200, Carsten Gaebler wrote:

> I have somewhat of an esoteric problem. I can create an XFS on an
> external fibre channel RAID attached to an LSI fibre channel card
> (Fusion MPT driver) but I can't create files or directories on that
> filesystem (Permission denied). ext2/ext3 work fine on the same
> partition, so I suspect this is an XFS+MPT issue.

I suspect it's not MPT related. I'm not farmiliar with stock 2.4.25
but assume the XFS merge went OK and everything is sane. Any chance
you can test with a CVS kernel from oss.sgi.com to rule out the
(probably minor) differences there?

> sq22:~# touch /mnt/xfs/foo
> touch: creating `/mnt/xfs/foo': Permission denied

strace shows open/creat failing? there are also no ACLs and/or
security modules involved are there?