2.6.5-rc3-as1 patchset, cks5.2, cfq, aa1, and some wli

From: Antony Suter
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 03:22:52 EST

Here is an update to my tidy set of patches. I was a fan of WLI's
patchset until he discontinued it in the 2.6.0-test era. They were a
small set of patches with performance improvements for laptops and NUMA
machines amongst others... (wish I had a laptop NUMA machine *cough*).
Some of those patches are now in the kernel proper. Some others have
been updated and are found elsewhere, like the objrmap series can be
found in Andrea Archangeli's -aa series. I'm starting to add some of the
other patches from WLI's last release, depending on my abolity to
resolve rejections. The numbers relate directly to those from
linux-2.6.0-test11-wli-1.tar.bz2

Patches were applied in the following order:
- Con Kolivas' new starcase cpu scheduler patch 5.2
- Jens Axboe's cfq io scheduler
- Andrea Archangeli's 2.6.5-rc3-aa2.bz2
< from linux-2.6.0-test11-wli-1 >
- #17 convert copy_strings() to use kmap_atomic() instead of kmap()
- #19 node-local i386 per_cpu areas
- #22 increase static vfs hashtable and VM array sizes
- #24 /proc/ BKL gunk plus page wait hashtable sizing adjustment
- #25 invalidate_inodes() speedup

Linqs:
http://www.users.on.net/sutera/2.6.5-rc3-as1.patch.gz
http://www.users.on.net/sutera/2.6.5-rc3-as1.patch.gz.sign

Note that to use the cfq scheduler to need to add "elevator=cfq" to your
kernel command line. This is usually done in your lilo or grub (or
equivalent) config.

--
- Antony Suter (sutera internode on net) "Bonta"
- "...through shadows falling, out of memory and time..."