Re: disable-cap-mlock

From: Chris Wright
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 20:09:21 EST

* Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Oracle needs this sysctl, I designed it and Ken Chen implemented it. I
> guess google also won't dislike it.
>
> This is a lot simpler than the mlock rlimit and this is people really
> need (not the rlimit). The rlimit thing can still be applied on top of
> this. This should be more efficient too (besides its simplicity).
>
> can you apply to mainline?

This patch seems like the wrong hack to work around missing mlock rlimit
functionality. Wouldn't it be better to fix the core problem, and leave
this patch out of mainline? I agree with Rik, such a fix (mlock/rlimit)
will make all the gpg users feel warm and fuzzy ;-)

thanks,
-chris
--
Linux Security Modules http://lsm.immunix.org http://lsm.bkbits.net