Re: Kernel 2.6.X versus APM Suspend on IBM X23

From: David Weinehall
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 06:17:15 EST

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 01:07:12PM +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 10:52:45PM +0000, David Weinehall wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 05:27:23PM -0500, Vincent C Jones wrote:
> >
> > > Using APM with ACPI and CPUfreq disabled: Suspend works, but only if
> > > running on battery. When running on AC, I get what sound like PCMCIA
> > > failure beeps (brief high low), the display goes dark, but the system
> > > keeps on running and hitting any key brings be right back (at least
>
> > > FWIW: there were no problems with suspend under any 2.4 kernels.
> >
> > I can confirm the exact same behaviour on a Thinkpad A20m.
>
> Do you have a pcmcia card inserted? IBM Thinkpads (at least older models,
> the TP600 for sure) don't suspend, if (AC && PCMCIA_CARD_INSERTED). If
> only AC or only CARD_INSERTED, then they suspend.

Nopes, no pcmcia-card inserted. And, as noted by Vincent C Jones,
the 2.4-kernel manages to suspend my Thinkpad just fine,
even when (AC && PCMCIA_CARD_INSERTED).

Regards: David Weinehall
--
/) David Weinehall <tao@xxxxxxxxxx> /) Northern lights wander (\
// Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel // Dance across the winter sky //