Re: who is merlin.fit.vutbr.cz?

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 16:36:44 EST

bert hubert wrote:
> > connection. Whoever this is has been cloning the linux 2.6 (aka 2.5)
> > tree on bkbits so slowly that the tree is locked for days and can't
> > be updated. About once a day I go kill the clone because stracing it
>
> RCU for BitKeeper trees? :-)

Last I heard, RCU is patented by IBM, with permission to use it in GPL
programs (maybe limited to version 2 of the GPL?), so that Linux can use it.

So BitKeeper might not be able to use the technique, if the claims of the
patent are sufficiently broad (I haven't read it and don't intend to).

-- Jamie