Re: kernel 2.6.4 and nfs lockd.udpport?

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 11:27:21 EST

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 09:57, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> The module parameters "nlm_udpport" and "nlm_tcpport" _do_ work -- I
> use them with my firewall.
>
> For some reason, because modules don't need #ifdef MODULE any more, I
> thought module_param*() entries would be automatically available as
> boot parameters. Silly me, that would be too obvious.

module_param*() ought indeed to suffice.

AFAICS the only problem here is that Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
still lists lockd.udpport and lockd.tcpport instead of the new names
lockd.nlm_udpport and lockd.nlm_udpport.
There is also lockd.nlm_grace_period, and lockd.nlm_timeout, both of
which need to be added to the same list...

Cheers,
Trond

--
Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx>