Re: 2.6.5-rc3-mm1

From: Jason Munro
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 17:52:18 EST

On 4:04:28 pm 03/30/04 Chris Mason <mason@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 16:57, Sid Boyce wrote:
> > Chris Mason wrote:

> > > Have you tried booting with acpi=off?
> > >
> > With acpi=off, I get a string of messages
>
> Try pci=noacpi

Having a similar problem here with 2.6.5-rc3-mm1, boot stops with:

Unable to load interpreter
No init found

passing pci=noacpi or init=/bin/bash makes not difference. The hard drive
light is off and the system still responds to keyboard events, but cannot
continue. This is on a Toshiba laptop, updating from a working 2.6.4-mm1.
Bios is updated to the latest version. I am also running reisers on the
root partition if that matters.

\__ Jason Munro
\__ jason@xxxxxxxxxx
\__ http://hastymail.sourceforge.net/