Re: 2.6.5-rc1-mm2

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 14:46:59 EST

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 11:36 am, Andrew Morton wrote:
> I don't see anything especially hangy in 2.6.5-rc1-mm2 - maybe it's
> something which was sucked in via one of the "external trees". rc3-mm1
> boots OK on my ia64 box.

Well, like I said, the BK trees (both Linus' linux-2.5 and David's
to-linus-2.5) continue to work, all the way up through today, and
2.6.5-rc1-mm1 worked too.

> Do you not have the means to work out where things are stuck at?

It looks like there's a bug in the sysrq implementation in the sn_serial
driver. Once the initial console is opened, sysrq no longer works. All I've
determined so far is that both CPUs in my box are in cpu_idle somewhere...
Anyway, I'll keep looking.

Thanks,
Jesse