Mounting Reiserfs partition fails on 2.6.4 and higher

From: Harald Glatt
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 10:00:40 EST

Hi there,

I am currently running Gentoo Linux with Kernel 2.6.3.
Everything is running fine.

When I try to update the kernel to 2.6.4 or higher the Gentoo init
script hangs at "Remounting root partition read/write".
After a while waiting I get some horrible output...

I have a description of my problem with more info, a photo of the kernel
messages and my kernel config at:
http://www.hachre.de/dkb/1

I was at IRC (freenode.org) in #kernel and #gentoo, but noone had any
clue how to fix this... Someone in #kernel proposed to post at the lkml,
that's why I am doing this!

I am not (yet) subscribed to the list, so please be so kind and CC
hachre@xxxxxxxxxxxx at any answermails you might have!

Thank you for your help in advance!
bye
Harald Glatt (hachre)