Re: older kernels + new glibc?

From: Lev Lvovsky
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 19:12:36 EST

On Mar 29, 2004, at 3:55 PM, Matthew Reppert wrote:

See http://www.kernelnewbies.org/faq/index.php3#headers

The correct place, I've read, to get the headers for the current running
kernel is /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/include ... which of course
assumes that you keep your kernel in the same place you built it from,
but that's not a worse assumption than whatever you'd assume for
/usr/include/{linux,asm} symlinks to work I'm sure.

Basically, the potential problem as I understand it is binary
incompatibility with the currently installed glibc.

Matt

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0007.3/0587.html

beautiful, this answers all questions :)

thanks everyone!
-lev