older kernels + new glibc?

From: Lev Lvovsky
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 15:43:19 EST

Hello,

I'm not sure what, if any interrelations there are between the various versions of glibc, and the kernel.

Specifically, a piece of telecom hardware that we use out in the field requires a 2.2.x kernel to compile the drivers, however, after choosing an arbitrary "new" release of a linux distro, and downgrading the kernel, we are able to compile and install the drivers, and subsequently use the hardware.

Are there any URLs/Docs that I could look at to understand what, if any relationships glibc, and the kernel have?

thank you!
-lev