pdflush and dm-crypt

From: Zoltan NAGY
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 09:51:09 EST

Hi!

I've just upgraded the system to 2.6.5-rc2-bk6, and I'm using
dm-crypt. It's a heavily used server, on average 20-30mbit/sec
traffic is on the wire 7/24, and just noticed, that the load is very
high. In every 4-5 sec pdflush takes a lot of cpu... Is this
intentional? I've found a similar question on kerneltrap
(http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/2756), but havent found a solution
yet. I'm just wondering if it is a problem, or it's the normal
behavior? It's a 1.8 P4 with 1G ram and highmem enabled, with 256 bit
aes thru dm-crypt.

Regards,

--
Zoltan NAGY,