Re: Isa/i2c [bug report]

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 07:08:14 EST

Hi Lucas,

> i'm running 2.6.5-rc2-bk7 and i'm having some problems with sensors
> and my sound blaster ISA-awe 64. With 2.6.4 everything is working,
> but in 2.6.5.rc2-bk7 my isa cards (sb-awe64 and sym53c416) are in
> conflict and sensors of my motherboard stop to work.

The sysfs interface to hardware monitoring chips changed between kernels
2.6.4 and 2.6.5. The user-space tools and library had to be updated
accordingly. You may simply need to get lm_sensors CVS to get your
sensors work again.

> I have to disable my sym53c416 (isa-scsi card) for my sound work, but
> with 2.6.4 its work fine together.

Could you please compile your kernel without i2c support and confirm
that the problem is still there? Just to make sure it's unrelated.

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/