Re: md raid oops on 2.4.25/alpha

From: Thomas Steudten
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 12:34:26 EST

Looks like the well known bad assembler code with gcc.
On the alpha you see the problem first in the
raid1_read_balance() code sequence..
You should use gcc 3.3.2 better 3.3.3.
For alpha find the binary rpms here:
http://www.steudten.org/alpha/packages/

Tom

Norbert Preining wrote:
Hi Ingo, hi Neil, hi lists!

We have some problems with the md code on alpha. We get regular oops
when using the md raid1. Here we got another oops when fsck (at boot time) the raid:
This was after a fresh reboot. As long as only the raid is *not* mounted
of fsck the machine works without any oops.

I also can mount the hard disks *without* raid directly as hda1 and
hdc1, and do NOT get any errors here, so I suspect that only the md code
is the culprit.

RA; fffffc00004a8d7c <raid1_make_request+1dc/480>

PC; fffffc00004a8aa4 <raid1_read_balance+104/200> <=====