Re: 2.6.3 gdth driver NMI Watchdog detected LOCKUP

From: Florian Lohoff
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 10:04:10 EST

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 01:49:24PM +0100, Leubner, Achim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for reporting this problem. I will include the change into our new driver version and will send a patch for 2.6.4 on Monday next week to Linus.

I dont think this patch will be sufficient - There is another problem
with the driver - What for example happens if we are in the
gdth_interrupt - we do have locked the HA because we are not in polling
mode. Then the error handler kicks in and sets polling_mode to TRUE -
Now the gdth_interrupt will not unlock the HA which will get one cpu to
keep spinning in the error handler.

I think calling the gdth_interrupt in polling and non-polling mode is
bogus by design.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff flo@xxxxxxxxxx +49-171-2280134