Re: Status of the sata_sil driver for the VT8237

From: Stefan Smietanowski
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 02:38:30 EST

Hi.

I meant sata_via, I dunno why I said sata_sil; Freudian typo. I was thinking of the current sii3112 I use, which has been stable and blazingly fast for awhile with the IDE driver--and a little little patch I keep applying. I'm looking to upgrade a server with 2 Raptors in it to an A64 running 64-bit Linux of course. I wanna get the HDs off the PCI bus and onto the VT8237 southbridge. I was wondering if the driver for -that southbridge- was still considered beta.

Many A64 boards today come with a Promise SATA controller as well -
works like a charm for me on an ASUS K8V Deluxe board here.

The driver is sata_promise but I guess you either knew that or
would be able to figure it out yourself :)

// Stefan