Re: 2.6.4: Oops when mounting HFS on ppc32

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 09:32:08 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Michel Roelofs wrote:

> Kernel: plain 2.6.4 from ftp.nl.kernel.org
>
> When mounting an hfs filesystem on my ppc32 (powertower pro 250, 604e
> cpu) I got the following:
>
> kernel BUG in grow_buffers at fs/buffer.c:1191!

The problem is that this happens only on Macs, it doesn't seem to be a big
endian problem, as I've just tested it on a different ppc32 machine and it
works fine. So I need someone who at least tries to figure out what
happens, before I can fix this rather mysterious bug. All I know is that
something gets corrupted, but I have no idea what.

bye, Roman