Re: [ANNOUNCE] RNDIS Gadget Driver

From: bert hubert
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 07:27:54 EST

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 01:19:28PM +0100, Robert Schwebel wrote:

> You need such an .inf file on the windows side; M$ has a template where
> you simply need to insert your vendor/device ID and other stuff. I'm not
> sure about the license for these files, so I don't know if it is allowed
> to distribute them.

And that .inf describes 'Linux'? No matter what the license is, you can link
to it and instruct people on how to change it. You could even show pieces of
the .inf with the linux data filled in ('fair use').

I ask about this because I know that to get adequate testing coverage,
experimenting with this code should be as easy as possible. Something like
'visit this URL and paste in the following: (...) and now do such and such
in windows and you should be set'.

I'll happily write this for you if you provide the pointers.

Good luck!

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO