[2.4] disapearing routing entries

From: Andrzej Krzysztofowicz
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 05:35:20 EST

Hi,

I sometimes notice while using different 2.4/2.2 kernels that some static
route entries tend to disappear suddenly few days after they are manually
added. It happens only to manually added (non-automatic) entries.
No messages concerning this are found in dmesg and system logs.

This happens to me on different kernels (2.4 up to 2.4.25, and also on
2.2.25), on different architectures (i386, sparc), on different routing
tables (default and an extra one, No. 100), after different (but random)
amount of time (few to over 30 days), etc.

In all cases always specific routing entries seem to disappear (not all, and
always the same in a specific routing configuration).

Could anybody tell me:

1. Whether the problem is known?
2. How to further debug this problem?

Andrzej