laptop issues: is there a driver for gigabyte wireless?

From: Chuck Campbell
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 12:19:39 EST

I'm contemplating a prostar laptop (8794 model). As far as I can tell
everything should work fine, except I don't know about the 802.11g wireless,
which is Gigabyte GN-WIAG.

Anyone know if this device will work under any 2.4 or 2.6 kernels?
I got no hits on the kernel mailing list archive, so maybe someone knows
more about it.

If you know of any other issues with other h/w in this laptop, I'd appreciate
hearing about it.

ATI Radeon 9700
Should work, w/o acceleration, right? If not, I need to know ASAP

Promise PDC20265R raid controller
If raid doesn't work, it's not a problem, as long as I can see the disks.
I saw some stuff about "lost interrupt hell" on the lkml archives, but
nothing definitive. Also all old.

3D Realtek sound ALC650 Codec 2.2
I see recent ALSA updates for this under 2.6, so I assume I'm fine here.

thanks,
-chuck