Re: swsusp with highmem, testing wanted

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 22:30:47 EST

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 10:57, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If you have machine with >=1GB of RAM, do you think you could test
> this patch? [I'd like to hear about successes, too; perhaps send it
> privately].

Ugh ? If I understand things properly, you are copying all of highmem
down to lowmem ? Hrm... I'm afraid in lots of case you'll run out
of lowmem in the process. Actually, we should be able to use highmem
even for snapshotting since the disk IO can then be directly be done
from highmem pages...

(Though kmapp'ing/unmapping each page will be slow as hell)

Ben.